Texas Safety Net
The Texas A&M Health Science Center Rural and Community Health Institute offers automated occurrence reporting to rural hospitals.
Rural hospitals can move away from paper “incident” report forms for an automated approach to monitoring and evaluating occurrences, near misses and unsafe conditions in hospitals.
This program provides the opportunity for rural hospitals to electronically enter data into a secure HIPAA-compliant, web based data repository. Data can then be quickly transformed into reports for review.
How does this add value?
- Error prevention monitoring
- Opportunities to identify contributing factors
- Standardized reporting across rural facilities providing benchmarking
- Ease of data aggregation
- Web-based access for data entry by all employees
- The opportunity to eliminate paper
- Outcomes monitoring and performance improvement
- Ease in preparing reports
- Alignment with current AHRQ common formats for Patient Safety Organization.