Texas Safety Net
Texas Safety Net (TSN) is a web-based incident reporting tool. Hospitals can enter data into a secure HIPAA-compliant web-based data repository. Data is then transformed into reports that the safety committee, risk managers and other appropriate individuals can review. Reports assist in demonstrating incident management compliance to licensing agencies and accrediting organizations.
With TSN, rural hospitals can move away from paper “incident” report forms to an automated approach in monitoring and evaluating occurrences, near misses and unsafe conditions in hospitals.
If desired, TSN data can be placed in RCHI’s Patient Safety Organization (PSO #79). PSO’s serve as independent, external experts who can collect, analyze and aggregate patient safety information to develop insights into the underlying causes of patient safety events. Information gathered by a PSO remains confidential, protecting your legal liability or professional sanctions.
PSO #79 is listed by the AHRQ.
The benefits provided by TSN are:
- Error prevention monitoring
- Ability to identify factors contributing to events
- Standardized reporting across facilities and ability to benchmark
- Easy data aggregation
- Web-based access for data entry by all employees
- Eliminates paper event reporting
- Monitor outcomes and improve performance
- Utilizes the AHRQ common formats for Patient Safety Organizations
- HIPAA Compliant
For more information, please contact our office at 979-436-0390.